Thursday, 27 May 2010

I'm no longer a virgin ...

..... of blogging that is!

This is the first time I've blogged. I guess its not that new as I've kept diary's at troubled times of my life and a holiday journal once and I do frequent message boards.

This blog is to be all about me, the girl. So let me introduce myself, I'm Sam. I'm really too old to be called a girl but I can kid myself. A few weeks back something clicked in my head and after badly failed attempts at dieting over the past two or three years I'm now motivated and inspired and want to lose weight. I also realise that I'm in for a long battle to lose it and a life lasting battle to stay at goal once I get there. I've lost 15lb over the past 5 weeks and now have five stone to reach what I would like to be.

So hows today been? I'm on track and have enough points left for a curly wurly later. Today has been manic and I was grabbing food on the run. I ate my breakfast of two crumpets with a teaspoon of sugar free jam on each and an apple whilst driving an hour up to the north of Warwickshire for a meeting. My following meeting was in a further north partof the county, almost Staffordshire, and I thought I had enough of a gap in between meetings to grab a sandwich from a Tescos but I was out of the first meeting into an urgent discussion with a colleague who had carried out an unannounced inspection of a provider we contract to yesterday and we worked out what options we had and the action we need to take and then I shot off to my 1pm meeting. I eventually arrived back in Warwick at my base at 3pm, I am so glad at times like this I work above a M&S food outlet and I grabbed a yummy salmon and watercress salad which was only 4 points and ate it at my desk whilst catching up on emails and organising tomorrows work.

Since I've been home things have been calmer, my wonderful husband cooked tea for us and the children, which for them was sausages, baked beans and homemade potato wedges, I had quorn sausages instead. Since then hubbie has gone out to a Pampered Chef party and then the monthly Asda order arrived, so I've had the joy of putting that away! I really hate putting food away. I hope he enjoys the Pampered Chef party, I adore the products and one of my best friends is a consultant and this is her first mens party. If you've never heard of it have a look at my friends webpage, its fab quality kitchen stuff though it is pricy and I do have to keep myself in check when I buy stuff. At the partys its also a cooking demonstration, so I know he's learning to cook chicken tikka masala tonight and something else which I can't remember. He's actually a good cook so I'm sure he will enjoy it and I'm intrigued to see what he will buy, hope he remembers everything we already have!


www.pamperedchef.biz/ginaskitchen1

Right I better log off and make tomorrows lunches, hopefully a more relaxed day tomorrow, I'm working at a colleagues house on planning some joint work, so I get to dress down too :-)

2 comments:

  1. Welcome to blogland. I know from experience the value of keeping a record, both in terms of maintaining focus and receiving support from the other bloggers in this friendly corner of the net.
    I'll look forward to following your progress. You sound very committed ~ what temptation to work above an M&S food store!
    I'm also a sucker for Pampered Chef goods, but if I buy another piece of kitchen equipment I think the other half will throw me out! lol

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for the support :-)

    working above M&S can be bad but its also positive as there is always ready prepped fresh fruit and vegetables available to buy

    ReplyDelete